Well, I finally went and did it.
After all the hemming and hawing; after extensive cost analysis, I decided to order the tests to be performed – you know, the ones they do on your DNA to see how “your potential may be unlocked.”
Unlocked, indeed. Interesting results were reported to me in the email I received from the genomic lab this morning; there are three potential changes that can be made, over a set of genetic markers comprising hundreds of genes and affecting a range of normal sequences. The catch is, I can only choose one of the three due to what they call “overlapping potentials.” That’s fair enough, I suppose, and they are good choices, too:
- I could speak and understand any language. I figure this would be a somewhat selfish choice for me, since I’m kind of a language and word geek; if I could do that without all the time studying, learning to conjugate and decline, not to mention learning the particular quirks and turns of phrase, the “colorful vernacular” . . . Well, that would be pretty cool!
- I could travel through time. Sounds great, looks pretty cool on paper – but time travel comes with HUGE responsibility, and there’s a disclaimer saying they can’t guarantee whether said time travel would occur in the same stream, an existing alternate stream, or in sandbox time. So yes, it’s got selling points and potential deal-breakers; however, if I took someone along I could recreate all my favorite scenes from the TV show Land of the Lost . . . that’s something to consider.
- I could have the ability to make any two people agree with each other. Really, that’s the one that would benefit the world the most. I’d be the William Shatner of peace treaties, the “Palestine Negotiator!” I’d be able to broker peace in the Middle East, heal the massive rifts between the major political parties in this country, and abolish weapons of mass destruction for good. Then again, with such powers comes the desire to exploit – I’d be highly desired for my influential mojo and probably would be paid more to abuse it than to use it for good, so that one presents a moral dilemma.
I scheduled my appointment for the treatment, but I only have a few days to decide and then they need to start making the serum that will cause my chosen power to manifest. They say it takes a week to culture, and then after the treatment, my power will take a while to develop.
Too bad I can’t do two of them though – I mean, languages and time travel? Yes, please and thank you!!
What do you think would be the best one to choose? Let us know in the comments!
This post was prompted by today’s Daily Post prompt.
- Autumn invitation | Musings from a practical mystic
- What Were You Doing 50 Years Ago, The Day Kennedy Was Assassinated? | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt : A Talking Bird, I am Super Polyglot! | bambangpriantono
- Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | Taking time, making time
- God, Witch, or Whore | sayanything
- Hello Daily Prompt! | Misifusa’s Blog
- Power | Hope* the happy hugger
- power | yi-ching lin photography
- No Regrets | All work and quite a lot of play
- Superpower | cowcrzy
- Daily Prompt: Do You Understand the Words? | UP! With Jesus
- Punch Drunk | Good2begone
- “Powah” | Relax
- ME? | thinkerscap
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | unknowinglee
- Superpowerless | Finale to an Entrance
- The Time-Travelling Hippie | Kate Murray
- Where In Time Is The Mountain Man?! | Mountains or Molehills
- My Choice | Flowers and Breezes
- Become Humane First | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Post: My Time Traveling Do-Overs | Mine to Do Over
- Love to Travel_Through Time..!! | amateurxpress
- The time-travelling polyglot mediator | vicariously in love with you
- Alarm | Charron’s Chatter
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You | September Magic
- Abuela (A Sonnet) | Fleet Ink
- Let it be | LynnSlyWrites
- Daily Prompt: A bird, A Plane, You! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | reyoflight
- 5 Reasons why I want the ability to speak any language | Processing the life
- Power | Kansa Muse
- Puppy Power! | Haiku By Ku
- Avoiding Mt. Fluency 101 | AstridOxford
- Knowing When To Walk Away And When To Run | Just Visiting This Planet
- The Warring Souls Within – Good Girl v. Bad Girl | A Buick in the Land of Lexus
- The Time Traveller | Braised Pork on Rice
- A Plane Lands Just… in Time for a New Future Where We All Agree and Speak The Same Language |
- An Upturned Soul
- GOOD ADVICE FOR ELSEWHEN TRAVELERS | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, A Plane, You! | From Slacker To Scribe
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, A Plane, You! | L’S THOUGHTS….
- A Bird, a Plane, You! | The Nameless One
- DP: A Bird, a Plane, You! Speaking without words | aliabbasali
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, A Plane, and You | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Daily Prompt: Bleed (A Nonnet) | Morrighan’s Muse
- Mixing it up with The Ungulates | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, A Plane, You | Dreams Will Catch You
- Lipstick and Lithium
- A tough choice . . . | Rob’s Surf Report
- Shit that’s a toughy! | djgarcia94
- A Bird, a Plane and, You! | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Super Powers | not4faintheartsblog
- Lights Off, Headphones On | Daily Prompt | Word Disorder
- Dezelfde taal spreken | autitekst
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, YOU! | lifebeinggirly
- Time Travel | Life Confusions
- Daily Prompt: My Superpower | SIM | ANTICS
- NaBloPoMo: Lingual Noesis | The Joyful Soul
- Super Me! [Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You!] | Potpourri Adventures
- Superpower of Choice | To My Wonderland
- DailyPrompt – my superpower | viver para contar
- Worldpeace in Progress | I am Lynn
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | Aircrew – What To Do!
- A.C. Melody Was Here | A.C. Melody