Surprise surprise, I’ve been granted magical engineering skills! What do you think I will do with them?
Here’s the really weird part: I can only use them to create one gadget or machine. So in effect, after I use these magical engineering skills to invent something, they will just disappear. Why would I do that? If the stipulation is set out beforehand, I would still gladly accept these magical engineering skills, because I have a plan for that.
So I’m only allowed invent one thing, but there seems to have been no limit placed on what I can improve. I think I can make the world a better place, one improvement at a time!
So let’s start with the elephant in the room: Siri. I think we all know that b!£€h does not know what we are saying; “I’m sorry Wob, I do not understand ‘find me a bobby cue west a want’. Do you want me to search the web?” does not cut it. With my magical engineering skills, I will improve the s#!t out of Siri until voice recognition has been revolutionized and perfected. I’d like to be able to dictate my blog posts into an app without having to stop and correct every single thing that I say, and if I could do it in a noisy environment? That would be awesome.
While I’m at it, I think I’ll go ahead and address the iPhone’s battery life issues, especially those pertaining to when it’s exposed to cold weather; I happen to know a certain blogger who is with me on that one.
I’d then turn my attention to solar power. Cheaper and more efficient solar power? A world that runs on sunlight? Yes, please! Solar cars, solar heating and cooling, solar electricity – anything with a surface can be converted to my revolutionary ways of utilizing the energy in visible and invisible light.
I’d go here and there, picking and choosing the improvements I’d make. I’d hire myself out for big money to large corporations as a “Product and Process Innovation Advisor”. I’d hold off on inventing something entirely new, because I’m using this power as a way to generate plenty of revenue – plenty of savings, because eventually I will be too old to work anymore; alas, I will be nearing end-of-life and once I get close to that, I will invent my widget: my best improvement of all.
My coup de grace.
This machine will turn back my body’s clock until I’m twenty years old again, and I will keep it a secret from everyone; I’ll take all my money and create a new identity, become a whole new person, and only my family will know who I am. I will live life a second time – rich, humble, mature well beyond my years, and fully equipped to travel the world, making it better for everyone – not by improving their technology, but by improving their lives.
And shame on you if you’re still reading this with a lisp!
This post was prompted by today’s Daily Post prompt.
81 other bloggers use their power for good or ill:
- Driven! | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Time travel | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I don’t know why this HASN’T been thought of yet.. | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Bad Widgets, Crummy Hot Dogs | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « cognitive reflection
- Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines | alienorajt
- Just A Little Help! « One Crazy Mom
- Daily Prompt: Plug Me In | Under the Monkey Tree
- Just Tell Me What I Need, Robot | Mitten’sKittens
- HDR Chrome | Greg Urbano
- DP Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Sabethville
- Chronos | My Little Avalon
- World’s Best Widget: My Panda Team | Taare Zameen Par
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Yankee Fork Gold Dredge | Exploratorius
- Help to Slay the Dragon | Misifusa’s Blog
- twinflames not tinkertoys | peacefulblessedstar
- Daily Prompt: A Do-Widget | A New Day
- What We Need Are Replicators!
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Cee’s Photography
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « Mama Bear Musings
- The Lurker’s List | Top Gadget for 2014 and Counting: A Good Mood Gadget
- Man and Machine | L5GN
- Break down the wall | Le Drake Noir
- Daily prompt : The IQ Measuring Gadget | Thoughtless Prattler
- Born to Run and Surf on the Sunset « psychologistmimi
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Super Dubber Plant Weight and Harvest Widget | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Machines | Tommia’s Tablet
- Black Cloak | Ericka Mercado
- Daily Post: Machine | Destino
- A Cooking Machine | A mom’s blog
- DP: Machines | As I See It
- Lifeless (In Haikus) | 365 days of defiance
- A Robot Helper | Flowers and Breezes
- The Transformer | Sébastien Grobelny – Photography
- Daily Prompt: February 7 | The Slow Race to the Future
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | imagination
- Oxygen | Wanderlein
- Gadget? / Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- In Pursuit of Happiness…..(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Daily Prompt: My Amazing Table | Morrighan’s Muse
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | The Wandering Poet
- World’s Best Widget | The Nameless One
- Politeness costs nothing but means everything. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt: Being Inventive! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Daily Post: Machines | Occasional Stuff
- World’s Best Teleportation Device | U Be Cute – Follow the child inside of you…
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Occasional Stuff
- Wanna Read .. “A Heart” | So Not Simple
- Time machine | Emotional Fitness
- Spoiler Alert: Invention of the Century Inside | meg lago
- My Pierogie Pillow
- The Miracle Laundry Dynamo! | meanderedwanderings
- Home Healing Machine | From This Viewpoint
- A Thing-a-ma-bob to Do the Job | My Author-itis
- Black Mirror | The Entire History of You | vic briggs
- Machine of dreams | Life Of A Cosmetologist!
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | A Dose of Dharma
- The Switch In My Head | Passionately Bored
- Delete Day | Buzzy Beez
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Machine | That Montreal Girl
- Jelly Roll | gogirlgone
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | chemprofdave
- Daily prompt: Na-ah! | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | My Dog Ate a Lightbulb
- 3D With Ease~ | It’s Just Me
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget / Radio | Advocacine’s Blog
- The rise and fall of the Machines – Haiku | Lux
- The Present of Presence | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Machines | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Wait, I’ll hop over | 2 times pink
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget. | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Machines | dandelionsinwind
- Magical Engineering – Ramblings from the Swamp
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | jane sleeps here
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Icesabel
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Gadget – “Music to My Ears” | A Midnight Blog
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget – Yes, No, Ask Again Later | SA:ME (사메)
- Out in the Cold, But No Thin Ice Here – Twinkle Lights « Kakie’s Corner