Okay, so I was visiting some Daily Post prompt responses. The photographer prompt is HEALTH, and I saw more than a few pictures of apples, which made me laugh. Why? Because I realized that I could throw my own in the mix; my subject was right behind me in the lunchbox sitting by the orange chair. Every day I take my lunchbox to work with me. Every morning, I normally throw some fruit in there and go, but last week our co-op stiffed us on the fruit in favor of squash and fennel, which I thought was a pretty uncool move. They did send a good-sized bunch of bananas that haven’t even ripened yet. IT’S BEEN OVER A WEEK.
Not having much to take to work, I stopped at the local supermarket and bought a three-dollar bag of apples for my lunchbox. I don’t require much, after all. I eat one square meal a day and that’s dinner. Otherwise, I live on fruit and Starlight Mints.
And because we all have to share burdens, I have to do my share to help knock down the candy stores after Halloween, Christmas, and Easter.
This post was prompted by today’s Daily Post prompt.
- Retention | James Clegg
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect
- Is sex love? Love, sex? And what IS love? | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect « Mama Bear Musings
- “Say what?!” I exclaimed to myself using my inside head voice. | thoughtsofrkh
- Health | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Awl and Scribe
- The Easiest Cure | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Placebo” | Relax
- A Simple Cure for the Daily Prompt | Misifusa’s Blog
- Not The Pill; It’s The Water To Wash It Down | The Jittery Goat
- What Gods and faerys do! | Historiefortelling
- Experimental Treatment | Colline’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Wordz on a Page
- The right to die | Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Carpe Diem | JC Bride ~
- “Age”, like in “happy” | Neva Samaki
- A Cure For Cancer | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt : Health | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Keep Walking | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Let’s Talk About Peace | Eyes to Heart
- Dabbling in sanity | mostlytrueramblings
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Kansa Muse
- Cure Me | Momma Roars
- The Road Less Travelled | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- NaBloPaMo – Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Life In The Passenger Seat
- A Cure for Anxious Depression | a day with depression
- Roots of Rock Drumming and Muswell Hillbillies | drumstutor
- Food and water | Life is great
- Magic Trees | Winging it
- A Cure | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Ramblings of a jerk
- How to heal a broken heart | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Green… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | My Atheist Blog
- Placebo | The Visionary Hollow
- A Cure for Mental Illness | My Play Nook
- What if a pill could cure the kill? | Okay, what if ?
- Stupidity – Epidemic of the Ages | Stories From My Mind
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect! | A chain of thoughts…
Haha, I love it!
I like the right side of the lunchbox best 😉
That tends to be my favorite part. 😀
There’s an old saying here in Sweden: An apple a day, keeps the doctor away…
Good and true saying, but it isn’t enough with one. I say that…
Exactly, I tend to have at least two at lunch.
Fruit, any kind of fruit, is delicious and makes you feel good.
Apples are always good for a crunchy snack.
Indeed. Love that juicy crunch!
[…] Pingback: An apple a day? Maybe I can do better. . . | Rob's Surf Report […]
[…] An apple a day? Maybe I can do better. . . | Rob’s Surf Report […]
[…] Rob’s Surf Report An apple a day? Maybe I can do better. . . […]